what about the ioctl FB_EXEC_FUNCTION

Yann Sionneau yann at minet.net
Sun Jul 11 23:51:33 UTC 2010

hi !

Is the ioctl FB_EXEC_FUNCTION still supported by RTEMS ?
I only found a #define about it in cpukit/libmisc/fb/fb.h line 26 :
#define FB_EXEC_FUNCTION        0x4606

Moreover there is no reference at all to the "struct fb_exec_function"
in the rtems source tree anymore

My problem is : i need something that allows the user application to
switch between single buffered framebuffer mode and triple buffered mode.

first i added my own ioctl, then i saw this ioctl (FB_EXEC_FUNCTION) in
a french magazine (linux mag) in a nintendo DS app but it seems it's not
used anymore.
So what should i do to implement this ? add my own ioctl define in my
framebuffer driver header ? (that i would have to include in my app)

Another problem is that the user app should be able to swap the buffers,
at the moment i added another ioctl to do that, but again the
FB_EXEC_FUNCTION seemed a much better choice to implement it.

If you have any hont about all this do not hesitate to contact me :)

ps : a link to the presentation where can be find the nintendo DS app
code with the ioctl call
http://2009.rmll.info/IMG/pdf/slides_jm_friedt.pdf on slide number 14

--
Yann Sionneau