Access my local files using RTEMS

Vinu Rajashekhar vinutheraj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 11:21:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Till Straumann <strauman at slac.stanford.edu
> wrote:

> On 07/15/2010 08:55 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> On 12/07/10 1:48 AM, Vinu Rajashekhar wrote:
>>
>>> I have a follow-up question based on this.
>>> I could access my local files using pc386
>>> script and qemu -hda fat: option.
>>>
>>> Similarly, does all the other targets also support
>>> something like this, if the simulator is not qemu ?
>>>

>> Sorry to butt in on your thread :) :)
>>
>> Yes qemu provides access via the FAT emulation method. This method has a
>> limited number of files that can be seen. I am not sure what the limit is
>> but a large tree of files results in files not appearing with no errors or
>> warnings.
>>
>> On real hardware with working networking configurations I use the NFS file
>> system.
>>
> Obviously, on qemu you can also use NFS or TFTPFS.

I wanted to use this for running a testsuite, because some of the
tests were accessing data files. So DrJoel advised me that it would
be better to use the technique used in network-demos - tar the filesystem,
then load it in IMFS using rtems_tarfs_load/Untar_FromMemory.

So finally I went with that.

- Till