ANN: 4.10 Branching

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Sat Jul 31 21:05:48 UTC 2010

Joel Sherrill wrote, On 06/03/2010 09:01 PM:
> Hi,
>
> The Steering Committee has determined that it is
> time to branch 4.10. Thanks to everyone who
> has worked to resolve issues and improve
> RTEMS.
>
> Unless something comes up in the next 12 hours, I
> will cut the branch when I get to work in the
> morning (~8am CST).
>
> After the branch is cut, there are some post-branching
> activities that must occur before 4.10.0 is released.
>
> So get ready to break the habit of calling the CVS
> head 4.10 -- it is going to be 4.11.
>
> Thanks to Ralf, 4.11 tools are already available. :)
>

> --joel

Hi Joel,

I've been away from RTEMS for a while and not sure what you mean by
"cutting" branch 4.10. Is this considered the latest stable release? On
the main rtems web page it states that 4.10  has "(no releases)". Also,
I don't see a tarball for 4.10.0 in "release" section of the ftp site.
And also, as "backhappy2008" pointed out, there are no manual sets
marked with release 4.10 (only 4.9.4 and 4.10.99 and older releases).

So is 4.9.4 actually the current stable release?

(I did pull down 4.10 using cvs as suggested on the wiki.)

Thanks,
-gene