qemu networking on CentOS 5.4 x86_64

Thu Jun 10 12:12:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

This week someone in the class brought in a freshly
installed CentOS 5.4 x86_64 machine.  We installed
RTEMS with no trouble and built qemu 0.12.4 from
source.  We installed zlib-devel and SDL-devel
it runs ticker great. I verified we followed
the steps for the NIC (e.g. modprobe and
ifup/down in /etc).

This all works great on my laptop when I build
this qemu from source but networking with qemu
locks up before we see anything on the simulated
VGA display.

Is there a special step on CentOS we might have
missed?

Thanks.

--joel