Problem with ARM floating point and sprintf

Joachim Rahn Joachim.Rahn at bessy.de
Tue Mar 2 10:01:05 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm working on a BSP for the Atmel AT91SAM9263-EK evaluation board which is
based on arm926ej-s resp. armv5tej architecture.

I use rtems-4.9.3 and I have build the rtems-4.9 toolchain for our debian
development host with the sources from  ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.9/

Printing floating point numbers doesn't work. I see the absolutely same behavior
already reported by Christian Mauderer last August
(http://www.rtems.com/pipermail/rtems-users/2009-August/005853.html).

Following the concerning discussion on the mailing list about floating point and ARM
(e.g. http://www.rtems.com/pipermail/rtems-users/2009-September/005924.html ) it's not
clear to me if there is already a patch available for the toolchain that resolves this
problem?

Thanks in advance,

--
Joachim