Dumb Question

Robert S. Grimes rsg at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 9 21:59:35 UTC 2010

In order to set aside more memory for my bootloader,
I modified the linkcmds in powerpc/virtex/startup
like this:

  .text 0x810000:

The original value was 0x10000, which I had changed
over a year ago to 0x410000.  I have plenty of RAM
(128 MBytes, or 0x08000000).

Now, when I start the app, I get the following
output:

  bsp_start called...
    calling initialize_exceptions...
  Exception handling initialization done
    calling BSP_rtems_irq_mng_init...
  opb_intc_init: mask = 0x1F
  leaving bsp_start...
  bsp_pretasking_hook called...
  PASS: 0 !block 7FFFF8 is out of heap
  PASS: 0 !last block address isn't equal to 'final'
  AA0000 7FFFF8
  PASS: 0 !last block's size isn't page_size
  (-2752520 != 8)
  PASS: 0 !block AA1868 is out of heap
  PASS: 0 !last block address isn't equal to 'final'
  AA0000 7FFFF8
  PASS: 0 !last block's size isn't page_size (6248
  != 8)
  PASS: 0 !block AA1868 is out of heap
  PASS: 0 !last block address isn't equal to 'final'
  AA0000 7FFFF8
  PASS: 0 !last block's size isn't page_size (6248
  != 8)
  PASS: 0 !block AA1868 is out of heap
  PASS: 0 !last block address isn't equal to 'final'
  AA0000 7FFFF8
  PASS: 0 !last block's size isn't page_size (6248
  != 8)

I am using RTEMS 4.9.0, BSP is powerpc/virtex, and
everything has been working great for quite some
time.

I suspect I must be missing something, hopefully
obvious to someone out there. :)

Thanks,
-Bob