No accessible timer state?

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:50:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

is the (apparent) lack of accessible state of timers intentional? I
have not found any directive for querying the state (for instance: how
many ticks left or at least whether a timer is still running) -- at
least the manuals for the different RTEMS releases do not contain any.

The rtems/timer.h include file indicates that there is
rtems_timer_get_information(), but I did not find any documentation on
that function, so I assume that this function is not part of the
official interface.

Is it possible to query the state of a timer?

Kind regards
Ingolf