No accessible timer state?

Tue Mar 30 13:14:52 UTC 2010

On 03/30/2010 07:50 AM, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is the (apparent) lack of accessible state of timers intentional? I
> have not found any directive for querying the state (for instance: how
> many ticks left or at least whether a timer is still running) -- at
> least the manuals for the different RTEMS releases do not contain any.

The rtems_timer_get_information() call does most of this.
Is it what you want?

      the_info->the_class  = the_timer->the_class;
       the_info->initial    = the_timer->Ticker.initial;
       the_info->start_time = the_timer->Ticker.start_time;
       the_info->stop_time  = the_timer->Ticker.stop_time;

> The rtems/timer.h include file indicates that there is
> rtems_timer_get_information(), but I did not find any documentation on
> that function, so I assume that this function is not part of the
> official interface.

Or that someone forgot to document it. :)

Please submit a patch for the documentation.
> Is it possible to query the state of a timer?

If it doesn't do what you want, submit a patch.  The info
calls are always an evolving thing.

--joel