about autoconf >= 2.64

Daniel Hellstrom daniel at gaisler.com
Wed Mar 3 08:27:15 UTC 2010

Hi Pierre,

pierre kestener wrote:

> Thanks to all for your answers, I found the origin of the bug.
>
> I was testing Gaisler's RTEMS sources
> (rtems-4.10-1.1.99.10-src.tar.bz2); these sources are based on rtems
> cvs before Ralf commit on file cpukit/aclocal/check-rtems-debug.m4
> (Add missing ','.).

Yes, the problem is that this patch is missing. I havn't synced against
the official 4.10 branch for quite some time now (for too long), I will
try to resync for next release.

> As autoconf >= 2.64 is better than old versions, it do not let it pass
> this bug !!
>
> By correcting this bug, everything works well whatever autoconf
> version on Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> My advice to people using Gaisler's sources along with autoconf >=
> 2.64, is to temporaly fall back to autoconf 2.63, or correct the
> check-rtems-debug.m4 bug.

I have updated the source release at the gaisler server with this patch,
the new version is named rtems-4.10-1.1.99.10a-src.tar.bz2.

Thanks,
Daniel