Test Version of new RTEMS Web Site

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Mar 5 21:36:29 UTC 2010

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 03/05/2010 06:20 AM, Aanjhan R wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Joel
>> Sherrill<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Feedback and comments are appreciated.
>>>
>> 1. Why not make the wiki also in similar theme?
>>
> Chris is handling style issues so he will have to comment.
>
> My main one is that the wiki uses a different style sheet
> and would have to be hand-crafted individually.  But if
> Chris is willing, it is a good idea.

I also noticed the Wiki needs to change. Joel, are you able to copy the wiki
to rtems.info so I can hack on the theme ?

>> 2. The news updates below on the main page can have a clear
>> distinction between the posts. Something like a box for every news
>> update. Will look prettier and more readable.
>>
> Again.. style issue.
>
> I also meant to ask if it was possible to not use a separate
> line for the date.  Or at least put the date below the news
> item.

Yes and yes. I will take a look. Big plug for Firebug here. With out it I
could make these changes. It is a really neat piece of software.

> I think I will get Jeff to help me install the rewrite rules
> on rtems.org today so we can move this over.  I think it is
> close enough to just move it when that is done.

We need to sort out the apache redirect rules first or the wiki, maybe
bugzilla and other packages on rtems.org will vanish. We get away with it on
rtems.info because it is not rtems.org.

Chris