Virtual machine installation issue.

Fri May 7 11:37:47 UTC 2010

On 05/06/2010 09:21 PM, Kim George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some trouble installing the Fedora virtual machine through
> Virtualbox on my Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) system.
>
> When I try to boot the virtual machine the system freezes on the cursor.
>
> I've never used Virtualbox before so I may have done something wrong.
> I created a new fedora linux machine and then when selecting the boot
> hard disk I've selected the use existing hard disk option and pointed
> to the  c++.vmdk file which I downloaded via torrent.
>
> Has anyone experienced something similar that can suggest a workaround?

I created the image on Windows using whatever what the
current VirtualBox version at the time.  I was using 3.1.4 but
after hearing complaints (from you?) on irc yesterday that it
didn't work in 3.1.6, I upgraded.  It did not restore the
state and I had to reset the virtual machine.

After the virtual machine rebooted, it was fine.

I know some people tried it on Ubuntu and ran into some issue
but I think they resolved it.  Maybe one of them will speak up.

--joel