New MPC5554 port messed up, context initialization question

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu May 13 11:42:54 UTC 2010

I'm updating to the latest current and my code on the MPC5554 stopped working.  I traced it to messed up SPE registers (I'm using my own context switch code sent to Thomas D.).

The reason is I'm swapping in an uninitialized context for the SPEFSCR register.  I wasn't setting it up in _CPU_Context_Initialize().

Was I just lucky until today?  The only thing I can guess is it was 0 before; was anything changed to not zero those register contexts?

Peter