RTEMS PowerPC progress.

Nick Thomas nick.thomas at pixsan.com
Wed May 26 07:53:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

Following on from our discussions from earlier emails, we have been working
on the following list of mods:

1) Upgrade RTEMS OS from 4.7.1 to 4.7.3 .
2) Compile using -fno-strict-aliasing, and also adding this to all of the
other project modules.
3) Increase the task stack size (according to Joel's suggestion). I have
increased the minimum stack size for all tasks. We have plenty of RAM so
this is easy to do.

And, I really thought we were on to something. The unit stayed up far longer
than before.
So, I left it running over night, but when I came to look at the unit this
morning, it's frozen :(

The problem is the same problem we have seen before, with _ISR_Nest_level
stuck at 1, and _Thread_Dispatch_disable_level now stuck at 2. (at least
they haven't gone negative this time).

Again, these values mean that the OS thinks an ISR is in progress, so not
allowing any tasks to run, so it looks frozen - not crashed.

So, we are back to where we started, although it took longer for it to break
this time.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Nick