Barrier question

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Nov 2 14:42:43 UTC 2010

Hello, all.

Using barrier, I have the following problem:

The main task releasing the barrier when everybody have started and ready to
work does not know the exact number of tasks to be started (and initialize the
HW). This is because there is a configuration file, which decides which tasks
to start, one by one.

Releasing barrier manually also is not the best approach, as  the main task
does not know how much time does it take for each task to initialize its HW
and be ready to start.

So, the best solution for me would be the ability to "correct" the update the
maximum_waiters parameter in the barrier_create call.

But how can this be done?

Thanks.
--
Leon