FW: Problems dowmloading rtems-graphics-toolkit

Tue Nov 9 14:51:09 UTC 2010

On 11/09/2010 06:35 AM, Kirchner, Ralf wrote:
> HiJoel,
> I am trying to download the rtems-graphics.toolkit without any success
> so far.
> Unfortunately I have to work on a Windows machine.
> This is what I have tried:
> 1.
> Download from
> _http://www.rtems.com/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/rtems-graphics-toolkit/_
> - If I click on link "tarball" or "zip archive" I always get the
> following error messages:
> Error: Export failure (exit status 1), output:
> cvs export: failed to create lock directory for `/usr1/CVS/CVSROOT'
> (/usr1/CVS/CVSROOT/#cvs.history.lock): Permission denied
> cvs export: failed to create lock directory for
> `/usr1/CVS/rtems-graphics-toolkit'
> (/usr1/CVS/rtems-graphics-toolkit/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
> cvs export: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> `/usr1/CVS/rtems-graphics-toolkit'
> cvs [export aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

This one I hope someone on the list has advice on.  The
CVS tree is owned by user cvspserver.  Apache is running
as another user.  The cvsweb.cgi program does not have
permissions to write the lock into the directory because
it is running as another user.

For normal pserver interaction, you are running the service
which is running as the dedicated cvspserver user.

Any ideas out there?

> 2.
> Download via cvs from a MinGW console:
> My command is:
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.rtems.com:/usr1/CVS login
> I simply press enter for the password
> Then I get the following error:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to _www.rtems.com:2401_
> <http://www.rtems.com:2401> failed: Connection refused
I don't know why this wouldn't work.  No one else has seen any other issues
and I just logged in OK with a cut and paste of your command.
> [...]
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultP
> rotocolSocketFactory.java:86)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$1.doit(HttpConnection.java:660)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$SocketTask.run(HttpConnection.java:1291)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> CVSGrab version 2.3 starting...
> Error: rootUrl parameter is mandatory
> Error: packagePath parameter is mandatory
This is sometimes flaky.