How to build the Microwindows/Nano-X demos?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Nov 25 16:21:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I want to build the Minesweeper demo mentioned here:

http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/GSoC_2009_Wrapup

I followed the instructions in:

http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMSGraphicsToolkit

I used a GIT clone of Microwindows.  The BSP is pc386.  It seems that I can
build the Microwindows base system:

> make -f Makefile.rtems CONFIG=/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin/src/Configs/config.rtems
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/drivers'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/drivers'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/engine'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/engine'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/fonts'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/fonts'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin/bmp'
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin/bmp'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin/mwobjects'
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin/mwobjects'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin/winlib'
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin/winlib'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/mwin'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/nanox'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/nanox'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/rtems'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/rtems'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/demos'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/demos/mwdvetest'
[...]
> /home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/lib/libmwin.a(fblin32alpha.o): In function `linear32a_drawpixel':
> /home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/drivers/fblin32alpha.c:91: undefined reference to `fbportrait_left'
[...]
> /home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/lib/libmwin.a(convblit_8888.o): In function `convblit_copy_rgb888_16bpp':
> /home/sh/rtems-graphics-toolkit/microwin-git/src/engine/convblit_8888.c:106: undefined reference to `RGB2PIXEL'
[...]

Are these link errors expected?  How can I build the Minesweeper demo (or any
other demo)?  I found only object files and libraries, but no executables.

Have a nice day!

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6