RTEMS 4.10 Autoconf tools

Ian Caddy ianc at goanna.iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 10 02:30:07 UTC 2010

On 10/09/2010 10:20 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 10/09/10 11:45 AM, Ian Caddy wrote:
>>
>> On 9/09/2010 4:39 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw32/4.10/rtems-4.10-autoconf/
>>> ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw32/4.10/rtems-4.10-automake/
>>>

>> Thanks that was the simple solution I was looking for, but Sebastian's
>> solution also worked, I got caught up in trying to find a pre-built
>> autotools for Mingw, but they built straight out of the source for me as
>> well.
>>

> I recommend you use the tools built by Ralf for a couple of reasons.
> They may contain patches and we hope you report issues so we can fix them.

I might have spoken too soon about everything being OK.  The bootstrap
and configure worked OK with the autotools I built, but the compile
failed somewhere in pthreads.

I decided to use Ralf's prebuilt autotools, so I put them into my tools
directory in /opt/rtems-4.10/bin

but after a ./bootstrap -c,

then ./bootstrap

It failed to find automake ( it was picking up the older RTEMS-4.7
automake).

I then looked and there looked like a link file from automake-1.11 to
automake, but I don't think lnk files work in msys.

I have copied automake-1.11 over to automake, and the same for
aclocal-1.11 to aclocal.

This seems to have sorted the bootstrap out, now onto the configure and
make...

I will let you know if I have any more issues.

regards,

Ian C.

--
Ian Caddy