NDS BSP patch

Julien Delange julien.delange at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:43:28 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I tried to use the Nintendo DS BSP with RTEMS 4.10.1 but
unfortunately, it seems that it does not work correctly. The programs
compiled with the current BSP works for a few micro seconds and then,
crashed. In the latest versions of desmume, as soon as the program
started, it crashed. With previous version of desmume, some programs
work while others seem to crash.

So, I investigate (with the help of the desmume team, thanks to them
!) and find out that the BSP contains some bugs. So, it seems to work
correctly for some programs. At this time, the ticker example seems to
work correctly. I have also an example with two tasks that use the
ratemon service that works correctly. However, as soon as I start to
use semaphore, the program stucks. I'm am investigating this issue
also.

So, please find a patch that can be applied on rtems 4.10.1 and that
addresses the current issues of the BSP. I will also try to update the
BSP with the latest version of libnds. Hope that could be useful to
some users !

Cheers,