rtems gcc 4.6.1 can not compile stop at check TLS

Sebastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Mon Aug 29 17:46:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 18:54 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> It's the same, what you do when using a mainstream OS - You are using
> binaries which have been compiled by a setup to support a "main-stream"
> target audience, which means it, is using a compromise between several
> factors.

And here the "main-stream" audience is mostly composed of... Milkymist
users? isn't it?

> Simply adding a mulitlib for each and every flag a compiler supports
> simply not useful - Think about the zoo of cpu variants/instruction-set
> variants the i?86 cpu-family consists of.

LM32 isn't x86. We are not talking about a "zoo" of options here.

> > This multilib patch is upstream GCC already.
> ROTFL, implemented, submitted and commited by you!

This does not make this modification illegitimate.

> If gcc-4.6.1 would build (which it, as I told you several times before,
> it doesn't

I never questioned that fact. I actually spent a few days trying to
resolve the issue, without much success. If someone has a solution, I
would be happy to apply it in a timely fashion - which does represent a
progress compared to the total lack of interest for LM32 by the other
GCC maintainers.

> users need to learn to live with  "sub-optimality".

> ), I likely already would have implemented custom multilibs
> for lm32-rtems (Which is what we already do for many targets), which
> likely would revert this change.

You seem to have some fundamental disagreement with us trying to make a
good and fast product...

S.