rtems gcc 4.6.1 can not compile stop at check TLS

Mon Aug 29 21:27:40 UTC 2011

Just to try to wrap this up:

+ There are both multiply-enabled and
mmultiply-enabled/mbarrel-shift-enabled lm32-rtems
multilib variants in both the 4.10 and 4.11 RPMs.  Is
this the desired set?

+ Is this a reasonable and meaningful set?

/opt/rtems-4.11/lm32-rtems4.11/lib/mmultiply-enabled/libc.a
/opt/rtems-4.11/lm32-rtems4.11/lib/mmultiply-enabled/mbarrel-shift-enabled/libc.a
/opt/rtems-4.11/lm32-rtems4.11/lib/libc.a
/opt/rtems-4.11/lm32-rtems4.11/lib/mbarrel-shift-enabled/libc.a

+ The number of multilib variants per target varies from
1 to 15 for 4.11.  lm32 is at 4.  The distribution of number
of variants per architecture is:

Count Variants
       2     1
       1     2
       2     4
       1     5
       4     6
       1     7
       1     9
       1   11
       1   14
       1   15

I am not saying that any variant is not justified but 4 is
far from the worst case.  Taken a broad view, 10 of 15
targets have 6 or less.

Multilib variants are always a hot topic and justifying new
ones is always required.

I personally don't recall comparing the set for CPU-rtems with
the set produced by the related CPU-elf in a long time.  This
could result in discussing adding or deleting variants. But I
recall in the past we have had variants which were completely
justifiable but not in the CPU-elf target for unknown reasons.
So it wouldn't be an automatic decision to do anything.  Just
a discussion point on differences.

--joel