Problems with printk() function

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Dec 19 08:59:20 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 09:25 AM, Hoover, Victor P CTR NAVAIR, AIR 4.1.3.3 wrote:
> I'm having a couple of problems with the printk() function.
>
> a)  The optional precision value doesn't seem to be supported for
>      hexadecimal values (types x and X).  Then again, I haven't played with
>      it enough yet to see if precision is supported at all...

printk() is used normally for debug output and/or contexts which allow no
printf() (e.g. interrupt context, exception handler).  It doesn't support all
formats available via printf().

> b)  If the format string does not end with a newline character, no output is
>      displayed.

This is probably a problem with the program which displays the output.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9