Arm Endianness

Mick Davis mickd at goanna.iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 1 05:56:00 UTC 2011

Hi

We're porting a large rtems application from an m68k to an Arm 926ejs
processor.

Because the application must communicate with the old processor, and
because the code unfortunately makes assumptions about endianness in
some places, the change from big endian to little endian data is
complicating the effort.

My research suggests its possible to run the Arm in a Big Endian
configuration.  I was wondering if anyone has ported RTEMS to a big
endian Arm before, and if they could outline what's involved ?

Thanks

--

Mick Davis
Goanna Technologies Pty Ltd