rtems git status...

Kim Barrett kab.conundrums at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 18:33:01 UTC 2011

On Jan 26, 2011, at 7:04 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 01/24/2011 12:15 PM, lee wrote:
>> Hi all...
>>
>> anyone know if/of the git status in rtems?
>
> Several people have tried to convert RTEMS CVS to git, but so far, without visible success. All tools somewhere have failed or screwed things up.

In case this helps, someone in the boost community is working on a new svn->git conversion tool that will faithfully preserve *all* of the history in the source svn repository.  Of course, that's svn as the source, and rtems is in cvs, and I don't know how good the cvs->svn migration path really is (having only been indirectly through that process once myself).

For more information, search for messages from John Weigley in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/boost-list/browse_thread/thread/6d0d01eb3cac4abf/fba16dc408446ca7