trying to modify memory layout using linker script

Harmon, Randy rharmon at swri.edu
Wed Feb 16 20:07:09 UTC 2011

I am trying to build an RTEMS image where I place .text and .data
information from specific files in a certain order in memory.  I am
using RTEMS 4.0, I have to use this version because I have to match an
existing build.  I tried to use a linker script and the -T option in a
Makefile but it appears that the default linkcmds script is still being
used.  I looked on the RTEMS website and found references to a
-qnolinkcmds option but that does not appear to have any affect.  Any
help is appreciated.

Randy

Randal W. Harmon

Space Science & Engineering, SwRI

Phone:  (210) 522-2972

rharmon at swri.org <mailto:rharmon at swri.org>

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who can read
binary and those that cannot."