[Milkymist-devel] milkymist network driver bug

Daron Chabot daron.chabot at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 02:09:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 25/02/11 9:18 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> On 02/24/2011 03:35 PM, Daron Chabot wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to get Joel's blessing before I go about making this
>>> publicly accessible. Then I have to figure out where to put it !
>>>
>>> I'll ping the list when/if both are resolved.
>>>
>>>  There is an RTEMS Git repository at
>> http://www.rtems.org/ftp/private/git
>> which
>> is updated once an hour. Is it time to move it to a move public location?
>>

> This does not resolve the issue of the changes not being pushed into the
> main CVS repo. I am concerned about BSP developers waiting for a pending
> release to merge changes into the main repo.

You're right, of course. Those problems lie with the developer, not the
tools used.

And these are issues that DVCS tools are designed to combat: if my code is
not ready for prime-time, I don't want to put it in a singular, public repo
either. But I would still want to track my revisions locally and be able to
pull, merge changes from the "blessed" repo as I progress, and share with
those who are interested.

Best wishes.

-- dc