GSoC Lua port update

Scotty Smith cssmith at gwmail.gwu.edu
Tue Jul 12 22:24:59 UTC 2011

Hello All,

     Unfortunately, I have not made as much progress as I would have
liked as far as the ability to use Lua as a shell.  I hit a bug that I
could not figure out, and spent too much time trying to debug it myself
as opposed to asking for help.  Luckily, with Joel's help, I have been
able to fix the bug.  Now, all of the test cases that I mentioned in my
previous update now pass.

     The next step is to complete the transformation so that Lua can be
used as a shell.  The current shell works pretty well, so my goal is to
leverage as much of the existing code.  This should be pretty straight
forward, but I'll have a better idea as I tackle this issue over the
next couple of days.  I hope to have some decent progress towards this
end by the end of the week.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know.

-- Scotty