[GSoC] Progress Report of POSIX Compliance Test Suite

Cui Xiang medivhc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:07:58 UTC 2011

The structure of fstest with 2 test cases now seems like below

|-- ChangeLog
|-- config.h.in
|-- configure.ac
|-- fs01         //directory begin with fs is the test case directory
|   `-- test.c   //this file is the test case file which contains the
function "void test(void)"
|-- fs02
|   `-- test.c
|-- imfs_fs01  //this directory generated by the script is the test on imfs.
|   |-- imfs_fs01.doc
|   |-- imfs_fs01.scn
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- imfs_fs02
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- imfs_support  //the routine to help initialize and free the file system
|   |-- fs_config.h
|   `-- fs_support.c
|-- Makefile.am
|-- mdosfs_fs01
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- mdosfs_fs02
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- mdosfs_support
|   |-- fs_config.h
|   `-- fs_support.c
|-- mimfs_fs01
|   |-- Makefile.am
|   |-- mimfs_fs01.doc
|   `-- mimfs_fs01.scn
|-- mimfs_fs02
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- mimfs_support
|   |-- fs_config.h
|   `-- fs_support.c
|-- mrfs_fs01
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- mrfs_fs02
|   `-- Makefile.am
|-- mrfs_support
|   |-- fs_config.h
|   `-- fs_support.c
|-- support  //the common routines to support tests
|   |-- fstest_support.c
|   |-- fstest_support.h
|   |-- ramdisk_support.c
|   `-- ramdisk_support.h
`-- tools
    |-- gentest.py   //script to help generate different file system tests.
    |-- Makefile.am.template
    `-- README

I use chroot to help structure the fstest, so in every single test,
test sees the empty root. The framework are not stable right now, any
suggestion is welcomed.

The tests between file system will be added in the future.