Issue in blackfin toolchain

Fri Jun 10 18:38:35 UTC 2011

On 06/10/2011 01:23 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 19:54, Rohan Kangralkar wrote:
>> I am still stuck up with the debugging issue.
>>
>> I try to build the system with the debug flags with no optimization. I have
>> used the pre-built 4.11 toolchain for blackfin.
>>
>> Is this an issue with rtems port of the toolchain?  Can anyone suggest more
>> test  that i should be performing?
>>
>> If this is not the group that deals with toolchain issues to which group
>> should this issue be reported to as a bug?
>>
>> To which mailing list do you want me to move this thread to the rtems-gdb
>> mailing list, gnu-gdb or adi-gdb?
> if the issue is only showing up in the rtems builds, i'm not sure the
> ADI guys will spend time on it
If you are using ADI supplied toolchains and not having issues
and the RTEMS ones have issues, then it is likely because
the ADI toolchains have bug fixes which have not been submitted
to the FSF.  We stick very close to the FSF tool distributions.

If you have a small test case and can narrow it down, then
maybe the mailing list for adi is a starting spot.  But only if
you ask the question: "I have this issue with the standard
FSF version X.Y of Tool Z.  Do you have any patches related
to this which are not submitted upstream?"

The other route is to invert the question and ask on the
gnu gdb list where this might be broken in the FSF source
so you can dig a patch out of the ADI source.