ANN: Support for CentOS 6 (temporarily?) suspended

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Jun 30 14:13:35 UTC 2011

Karel, Steven,

On 06/30/2011 03:54 PM, Karel Gardas wrote:

> CentOS project looks like currently out of steam for real CentOS 6
> delivery, but it also looks like Scientific Linux team do exactly the
> same job and very well. What about to switch to this version at least
> temporarily till CentOS team gets up again?

I'd rather avoid SL, because the key point of using CentOS instead of SL
is "CentOS guaranteeing 100% RH compatibility", a feature which doesn't
apply to SL, AFAICT. Besides this, my personal opinion on SL isn't the best.

Anyway, SL certainly would be a potential emergency-resort in case
CentOS 6 doesn't manage to "get out bed" in near future.

For now, I'll wait for "Jul 4" and watch for what will happen then.

Ralf