RTEMS shell and echoing

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Mar 7 23:10:24 UTC 2011

I also decided to investigate Lua.  It built easily enough, but when I start it from within the RTEMS shell there is no echoing, and I need to use line-feed instead of carriage return to enter lines.

The RTEMS shell is turning off echo, etc, at around line 655 of shell.c before calling a user function.  It says it's putting it in raw mode, though it isn't since it's still looking for record separators.

Why?  Shouldn't it stay in normal mode, and let the program that's invoked monkey with terminal settings, if needed?

Peter