RTEMS coverage

Domenico Di Leo domenico.dileo at unina.it
Tue Mar 8 08:40:16 UTC 2011

I'm interested in analyzing the coverage of RTEMS code, some piece of
the kernel and some managers.
I would like to know if there is any (easy) way to do it.
As far as I know, it is not possible to use GCOV (because there is no
porting). The first alternative that I found
is covmerge
  http://bharath-rtems.blogspot.com/2010/05/getting-started-with-coverage-on-rtems.html
I've tried to use it on RTEMS 4.6 (I have to analyze the coverage over
the last 4 versions) and
after running the configure command,  I get the error message "sure to
have zlib and headers installed"
  zlib-1.2.5-2.fc14.686 is installed on my fedora 14. Maybe configure is
looking for an older version.

Since  I do not want to change the configuration of my Fedora, is there
any workaround for the configure file?
Is there another way to know the coverage of managers and internal piece
of kernel in RTEMS.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

--
Domenico Di Leo, PhD student, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
Ph:     +39 081 676770