NULL call to _Workspace_Free() via _Objects_Extend_information at startup

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Mar 1 08:39:37 UTC 2011

On 03/01/2011 08:40 AM, Peter Dufault wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2011, at 10:57 , Chris Johns wrote:
>
>>> Inappropriate values for addr may corrupt the heap.
>>
>> I cannot see this. Do you have a use case that shows this ?
> No, I'm just quoting the current Doxygen documentation for the function.  It's hard to argue with the statement, though, especially as it says "may".

It says may because it will not always corrupt the heap.  Passing a pointer
outside the bounding interval of all heap areas will be rejected without harm.
 Passing maybe "valid pointer to allocated heap area + 4" will corrupt the heap.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9