Which flavor of Linux for RTEMS S/W developemnt ( was Re: MVME5500 Tester Needed for 4.10)

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Wed Mar 16 17:36:20 UTC 2011

Gedare Bloom wrote:
> 2) Any other distro can suffice for released RTEMS versions,
> assuming you can build the RTEMS tools.

Can you clarify what "unsuitable" mean, please ?  Does that mean it is
impossible
to build RTEMS-4.11 tools and source on Debian or Ubutun 10.04 ? Does
RTEMS-4.11 require a higher version of  Ubutu ? I know that it
is impossible to build RTEMS-4-9 on RHEL4 due to S/W incompatibility.
Ralf posted
the technical reason a long while ago.  Please note that I am not
talking about
"support".

Regards,
Kate