Target Device

Eduardo LR-Informática eduardo.bortolini at lri.com.br
Fri May 27 13:48:41 UTC 2011

Dear Cláudio,

thank you very much for your help. Actually I am not planning to install in
virtual machine or in my PC. I was thinking in put in another hard drive. I
found this link: http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/Bochs, seems what I
need, I am planning to put the image (I am not sure in how to generate the
image) in another hard drive and boot.... Do you have some reference
explaning how to do it?

Thanks,
Eduardo

Hello,

Assuming that you have built and installed RTEMS correctly you can
follow the instructions on the Getting Started Guide:

http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/started/started00062.html

You can build the sample applications available in the CVS. For that
you must checkout "examples-v2" from the RTEMS CVS:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.rtems.com:/usr1/CVS login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.rtems.com:/usr1/CVS -z 9 co -P examples-v2

Also you must export the  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH variable on your
environment. Assuming that you did not change the path were you
installed RTEMS:

export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems-4.10/i386-rtems4.10/pc386/ (or
any other BSP you have installed: e.g. pc586)

Then you just have to change directory to examples-v2 and issue make.
The several examples should build and produce executables. Finally you
can run those .exe using qemu[1], virtualbox[2] or even your own PC:

[1] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/QEMU
[2] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_on_Virtualbox

Cláudio Silva