Target Device

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:40:26 UTC 2011

Hello,

Assuming that you have built and installed RTEMS correctly you can
follow the instructions on the Getting Started Guide:

http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/started/started00062.html

You can build the sample applications available in the CVS. For that
you must checkout "examples-v2" from the RTEMS CVS:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.rtems.com:/usr1/CVS login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.rtems.com:/usr1/CVS -z 9 co -P examples-v2

Also you must export the  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH variable on your
environment. Assuming that you did not change the path were you
installed RTEMS:

export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems-4.10/i386-rtems4.10/pc386/ (or
any other BSP you have installed: e.g. pc586)

Then you just have to change directory to examples-v2 and issue make.
The several examples should build and produce executables. Finally you
can run those .exe using qemu[1], virtualbox[2] or even your own PC:

[1] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/QEMU
[2] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_on_Virtualbox

Cláudio Silva