build problem on Ubuntu

D Peter Siddons siddons at bnl.gov
Tue Nov 29 01:25:21 UTC 2011

I just built RTEMS-4.10 on my Ubuntu 11.04 system. I followed the
"getting started" instructions for Debian-based releases and all of the
packages converted OK using alien. When I came to building, I got the
"compiler can't create executables" error. THe guide tells me to install
the libc-dev package. On investigating, Ubuntu has libc6-dev, which was
already installed. So I tried to compile a simple "Hello world" program
free-standing, using:

m68k-rtems4.10-gcc -c hello.c

It failed, complaining about not finding two libraries. I committed the
following sins:

In /usr/lib/ I did

ln -s libmpfr.so.4 libmpfr.so.1
ln -s libcloog-debian.so.0 libcloog.so.0

After that, hello world compiled, and the full rtems build completed
successfully.

What should I have done?

Pete.

--