SD Card hot removal then return?

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Tue Oct 11 05:28:19 UTC 2011

Been a while since I worked with RTEMS or SD/MMC cards in RTEMS. I was
wondering if it is possible, or easily supported, to have a mounted and
running SD card and then close all files and unmount() it and then
physically pull it out and then later put it back in, re-mount() it
again and have it start working again, all without restarting rtems?

Looking at some old code (circa rtems 4.9), it appear there is some kind
of SPI initialization done on the card only at start up and outside of
the driver to set the card into "SPI" mode. This would not occur with
the the above scenario, it seems.

Thanks,
-gene