ARINC-653 API

Julien Delange julien.delange at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 20:19:51 UTC 2012

Hello,

I might be of particular interest to have a look at the rtems/arinc653
project [1] being actually developed in the Summer Of Code (I put our
student Cc: to this mail). Also, I think you might be interested by
having a look at POK [2]. Our project is to virtualize RTEMS on top of
POK and even if this is not yet ready, you are more than welcome if
you want to contribute ! At this time, it focuses more on the
interaction between RTEMS being in partitions and POK that isolates
RTEMS instances. If you want to write an ARINC653 layer on top of POK,
I think it night be a nice contribution to this project.

Also, you seem to use ARINC653 functionalities on top of Linux but I
am very curious about the ARINC653-compliance of Linux. Did it provide
time and space partitioning as regular ARINC-compliant OS do ?

Anyway, good to see there is an interest about such a project,

Regards,

[1] http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Paravirtualization
[2] http://pok.safety-critical.net/