Cheap big-endian board

Mathew Benson mathew.benson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 20:26:38 UTC 2012

I would like less than 120 Euros.  I don't have a JTAG debugger of my own, but that's a reasonable required tool.  Any recommendations there would be appreciated too.  Again, must be cheap or free (home built / open source).

Yes, I preferred PowerPC but didn't find anything even close to my budget so I considered all PowerPC out.

I want to be able to use QEMU or another sim primarily through development but need at least one set of actual hardware units for demonstration purposes.  After completion, I'd like to give the user the option of real or simulated.  I'm just concerned that the simulated environment won't work for users that need real time performance.

The Gumstix look great, if it wasn't for the little endian tool chains that I keep finding.

Sent from my iPhone