ANN: microblaze-rtems4.11 toolchain

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Aug 24 11:04:15 UTC 2012

Just a short note (I got to leave travel today and am running out of
time for today)

On 08/24/2012 12:47 PM, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/19/2012 06:58 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> It would be start microblaze support.
>>
>> I am ok with having the toolchain available as long as their is active
>> community work on adding a port.
>
> I have done some work on it in past but haven't finished it yet.

Glad to hear this ... I was about to propose to abandon the microblaze
toolchain, because the only feedback I had received was a remark about
the FSF microblaze port not supporting little endian targets (which was
what the initial requestor seems to be looking for).

> I have tried to compiled microblaze toolchain on ubuntu 10.04 lts 64bit
> and 32bit and then on centos 5.5 32bit
> and I can't compile it.
>
> Here is my steps I have done.
>
> cd /opt/rtems-4.11/
> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-crossrpms.git
> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git
> cd rtems-tools/specbuilder/

No idea what this is - Aparently something dysfunctional ;)

> I have found this in build log.
>
> checking readline/history.h presence... yes
> checking for readline/history.h... yes
> checking readline detected... yes
> checking for bison... bison -y
> checking for flex... flex
> if [ x"" != x ]; then \
>            /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -c
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2  -I. -I../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/../include  -W
> -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wc++-co
> mpat -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic
> ../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/partition.c -o pic/partition.o; \
>          else true; fi
> /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2
> -I. -I../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
> -Wc++-compat -Wstr
> ict-prototypes -pedantic  ../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/partition.c -o
> partition.o
> configure: error: cannot find output from flex; giving up
>

> On my system is flex installed in version
> [specbuilder]$ flex --version
> flex 2.5.35

Did you rerun configure after installing flex? The message above could
indicate you not having flex installed when running

> I have also upgrade flex to 2.5.37 version but the result is the same.
>
> Full log is here:
> www.monstr.eu/microblaze_rtems_log.tar.gz
>
> [specbuilder]$ autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
> [specbuilder]$ automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
>
> I have also try to upgrade automake to 1.12.2 version but it didn't fix
> my problem either.

Again, the versions of the autotools used by RTEMS have nothing to do
with the RTEMS toolchains.

The autotools are source-code generators and are only required when a
source-tree does not contain the generated sources.

The FSF trees _do_ contain the generated sources and therefore do _not_
require any autotools installed during ordinary builts.

The RTEMS source-tree does require the autotools installed because Joel
reverted my patches to change this.

> Can someone points me what I am doing wrong?

Using Ubuntu ;) SCNR

Ralf