ANN: microblaze-rtems4.11 toolchain

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Fri Aug 24 14:58:16 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 01:04 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Just a short note (I got to leave travel today and am running out of time for today)
>
> On 08/24/2012 12:47 PM, Michal Simek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 04/19/2012 06:58 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> It would be start microblaze support.
>>>
>>> I am ok with having the toolchain available as long as their is active
>>> community work on adding a port.
>>
>> I have done some work on it in past but haven't finished it yet.
>
> Glad to hear this ... I was about to propose to abandon the microblaze toolchain, because the only feedback I had received was a remark about the FSF microblaze
  port not supporting little endian targets (which was what the initial requestor seems to be looking for).

We have done and testing microblaze toolchain - baremetal and linux one to cover all problems.
Submission will be done to mainline in future in the right time.
Who was that requestor?

>> I have tried to compiled microblaze toolchain on ubuntu 10.04 lts 64bit
>> and 32bit and then on centos 5.5 32bit
>> and I can't compile it.
>>
>> Here is my steps I have done.
>>
>> cd /opt/rtems-4.11/
>> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-crossrpms.git
>> git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-tools.git
>> cd rtems-tools/specbuilder/
>
> No idea what this is - Aparently something dysfunctional ;)

good to know. :-)

>> I have found this in build log.
>>
>> checking readline/history.h presence... yes
>> checking for readline/history.h... yes
>> checking readline detected... yes
>> checking for bison... bison -y
>> checking for flex... flex
>> if [ x"" != x ]; then \
>>            /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -c
>> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2  -I. -I../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/../include  -W
>> -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wc++-co
>> mpat -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic
>> ../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/partition.c -o pic/partition.o; \
>>          else true; fi
>> /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2
>> -I. -I../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
>> -Wc++-compat -Wstr
>> ict-prototypes -pedantic  ../../gcc-4.7.1/libiberty/partition.c -o
>> partition.o
>> configure: error: cannot find output from flex; giving up
>>

>> On my system is flex installed in version
>> [specbuilder]$ flex --version
>> flex 2.5.35
>
> Did you rerun configure after installing flex? The message above could indicate you not having flex installed when running

Origin flex is the part of ubuntu distribution..

>> I have also upgrade flex to 2.5.37 version but the result is the same.
>>
>> Full log is here:
>> www.monstr.eu/microblaze_rtems_log.tar.gz
>>
>> [specbuilder]$ autoconf --version
>> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
>> [specbuilder]$ automake --version
>> automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1
>>
>> I have also try to upgrade automake to 1.12.2 version but it didn't fix
>> my problem either.
>
> Again, the versions of the autotools used by RTEMS have nothing to do with the RTEMS toolchains.
>
> The autotools are source-code generators and are only required when a source-tree does not contain the generated sources.
>

> The FSF trees _do_ contain the generated sources and therefore do _not_ require any autotools installed during ordinary builts.
>
> The RTEMS source-tree does require the autotools installed because Joel reverted my patches to change this.

Not want to look at toolchain at all - just want to start using it for mb port.
But yes, good to know that autotools are not used.

>> Can someone points me what I am doing wrong?
>
> Using Ubuntu ;) SCNR

What OS do you recommend?

Thanks,
Michal