ANN: microblaze-rtems4.11 toolchain

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri Aug 24 15:12:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Michal Simek <monstr at monstr.eu> wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 02:20 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>
>> On 08/24/2012 02:07 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>  > What was the configure command spec builder used?
>>
>> Is this Chris's tool?
>>
>> I do not recommend using it.
>

> ok. then. What do you recommend me to use?
> I want to compile toolchain myself. Mainline version at first.

Ah, I misunderstood you in a previous email. I suggest looking at the
approaches taken at [1] if you are sticking with Ubuntu. Probably
Ubuntu gets the most attention from people who want to build tools
from source. FWIW I know there are folks out there who build on
FreeBSD, Mac, Windows, Gentoo... The trickiest issues are getting the
right support tools and finding the right patches (if necessary) for
binutils, gcc, and newlib. I think these are all stashed in a separate
repository (rtems-crossrpms) right now.

[1] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Building_the_RTEMS_toolset_on_Ubuntu