RTEMS boostrap | Selective bootstrap

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Feb 17 13:56:45 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 02:38 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 02:01 PM, Wendell Pereira da Silva wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Every time a brand new RTEMS versions is released, the bootstrap is
>> kind of
>> annoying (it takes too long).

MinGW, I presume? Use a different OS, and you'll experience a huge
difference in speed.

>> I was just wondering if a selective bootstrap would be available. For
>> example:

Unless the structure of the source-tree changes, all you've got to do is
to run bootstrap once.

>> if you are going to work with sparc/leon3, network and samples, then the
>> bootstrap does not need to process unneeded (not used) things.
>>
>> Is there any effort in this sense?
>
> I just use this:
>
> cd git-rtems/...
> ~/git-rtems/bootstrap -p ; ~/git-rtems/bootstrap -g

And even this redundant.

Just run a full bootstrap once (Or keep the autotool generated files in
git - Unfortunately, git like CVS does not preserve timestamps) and
"configure --enable-maintainer-mode".

This way you rarely need to run bootstrap ever.

Ralf