MinGW prep of RTEMS 4.10.2

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Sun Feb 26 01:04:13 UTC 2012

Okay, I have been trying to get the latest git version of RTEMS to build and it hasn't been going well, so I have dropped back to trying to get 4.10.2 going.

I have grabbed:

the latest version of msys/mingw
the 4.11 automate/binutils/compilers that have been discussed recently and described on the web page (yes Ralf, I do know that 11 != 10, but I'm trying out the instructions).
the 4.10.2 RTEMS distribution bz2

I do a:

cd rtems-4.10.2
./bootstrap -c
./bootstrap
cd ..
mkdir build
cd build
../rtems-4.10.2/configure --target=powerpc-rtems4.11 --enable-rtemsbsp=psim --enable-cxx --enable-tests=samples
make

after a while the make bombs with a popup saying, from cc1, "This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I visited many web pages and finally found a page ( http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.4.0/mingw_how_to.html)  that explained how to compile zlib1.dll for MinGW roughly. But…great news! it seems to have fixed a lot of issues and a couple of BSPs are building.

So, MinGW doesn't ship with zlib1.dll needed by the compilers, but it can be fixed.

Next, try it on the 4.11 head version.

Andrei