GIT Status Report

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Feb 8 16:40:26 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 04:30 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Ralf Corsepius
> <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>  wrote:

>> First of all, I realize rtems.org currently is flakey.
>>
>> So, I guess, Jeff's rtems.org upgrade either hasn't completed yet or
>> something went wrong. However I doubt this is related to my issue.
>>

>>> Which error message do you get?
>>
>> None at all.
>>
>> For a while nothing worked, not even in rtems.git. Meanwhile, out of a
>> sudden, it started to work with rtems.git - No idea about the cause.
>>
>> However, I am also struggling with making my private gits accessible to the
>> public. As far as I can gather, Chris and Co. are applying "specialized"
>> configs and hooks to get their gits working.
>>
>> Seems as if I need to figure out what they actually did.
>>
> I seem to see your personal gits just fine: http://git.rtems.org/ralf

I also see them, it's just that commits to master work, but commits to
branches don't.

> The only magic necessary is that your personal gits should reside in
> /data/git/ralf on the server.
No. They are supposed to live in /data/git, because they replace parts
which used to be part of CVS and partially still are in rtems.git.
They had been converted to git independently from the git convertion,
some of them long time ago.

Apart of this: Using /data is a violation of RH filesystem conventions.
Such files are supposed to live in /srv,

Ralf