blackfin how to

Jan Humpl jenikh at centrum.cz
Fri Jan 27 09:33:56 UTC 2012

thanks for reply.

I successfully installed u-boot on BF537 ezkit (thanks uClinux
documentation). Now I don't know what to do now - cause I can't find any
documentation.

So I was tried to convert *.exe file to *.bin with command:

bfin-rtems4.10-objcopy --gap-fill=0xff -O binary ticker.exe ticker.bin

and then I can load this file to memory at address 0x1000. Then I can
run (?? I suppose) the program with "go 0x1000" => but I don't receive
any output on serial port.

I don't know, if that is correct, because I can't find any documentation
- that includes that I don't know, which device is used as standard
output (is it serial port?), is there ETH network running?, is there gdb
server running? Or how to test / debug the software?

I'm trying to find some useful information in source codes, but I can't
find any board specific or CPU specific file with configuration related
to stdout, debug or communication interfaces.

I'll be glad if anyone can help me or give me at least his own story how
to debug first application. Thanks.

JH