Space Qualified RTEMS

Daniel Hellstrom daniel at gaisler.com
Fri Jan 27 10:30:15 UTC 2012

>>> http://www.gaisler.com. This is a bit behind the actual versions
>>> from rtems.org. I'm using it with 2-3 (non-critical) bug-fixes and
>> Hi Lee and all,
>>
>> We are using the latest Aeroflex-Gaisler RTEMS too on the Solar Orbiter EUI
>> instrument and will keep open the option of an upgrade/patch or two during
>> development if necessary.  It will be interesting to see what the other
>> instruments choose.
>
> Note that our intention is to push our RTEMS-4.10 patch-set
> into the main RTEMS tree, so that the difference between the
> Aeroflex-Gaisler and RTEMS.org trees is minimal (or none).
> We will still maintain our integrated tool-chain (RCC) but
> the RTEMS kernel should track RTEMS.org. The syncing should
> start within a few weeks, work-load permitting, and show up
> in 4.11 I guess ...
>
> Jiri Gaisler.

During fall 2011 we have reworked the RCC sources for RTEMS 4.10.1 splitting up all changes into different patches, that took some time... :) All patches are now available from a GIT repository at
github (http://github.com/daniel-hellstrom/leon-rtems/). The work is not completed yet, and all patches must be rebased to the RTEMS HEAD branch before start committing. We have spent time on this to
be able to submit as many of them to the official RTEMS HEAD branch.

There are five branches currently:

master                               - RTEMS official master
rtems-4.10-branch             - RTEMS official 4.10 branch
leon-4.10.1                         - RCC sources
leon-4.10.1-clean               - Set of cleaned up patches that will be submitted when work is finished
leon-4.10.1-clean-drvmgr  - leon-4.10.1-clean with some additional not-ready patches yet

The aim is that leon-4.10.1 and leon-4.10.1-drvmgr will include the exact same sources, however leon-4.10.1-clean-drvmgr will have clean patches and leon-4.10.1 will have all RCC history.

So it is now possible to follow the development of RCC, and view all our "clean" patches. As Jiri points out we would like to push all (or as much as possible) into the official RTEMS HEAD.

Daniel Hellstrom