Space Qualified RTEMS

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Thu Jan 26 16:43:09 UTC 2012

Phil Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 01:01:30PM +0100, Rolf Schroedter wrote:
>
>> Until today, nobody from ESA complained about that I'm using the
>> RTEMS-4.10 branch, provided by Aeroflex-Gaisler
>> http://www.gaisler.com. This is a bit behind the actual versions
>> from rtems.org. I'm using it with 2-3 (non-critical) bug-fixes and
>
> Hi Lee and all,
>
> We are using the latest Aeroflex-Gaisler RTEMS too on the Solar Orbiter EUI
> instrument and will keep open the option of an upgrade/patch or two during
> development if necessary.  It will be interesting to see what the other
> instruments choose.

Note that our intention is to push our RTEMS-4.10 patch-set
into the main RTEMS tree, so that the difference between the
Aeroflex-Gaisler and RTEMS.org trees is minimal (or none).
We will still maintain our integrated tool-chain (RCC) but
the RTEMS kernel should track RTEMS.org. The syncing should
start within a few weeks, work-load permitting, and show up
in 4.11 I guess ...

Jiri Gaisler.