Executing ELF file with U-Boot

Pierre Ficheux pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
Sun Jul 15 20:30:19 UTC 2012

Le 15/07/12 22:18, SAeeD a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have already booted hello.exe from sample applications by GRUB on an
> i386 machine. (As you know, hello.exe is in ELF format.)
> But I am unable to boot it via U-Boot on Mini2440. I guess it is
> platform independent and it must be some problem either with U-Boot or
> my link script for RTEMS.
> I use tftp to transfer hello.exe on RAM and then use go 0x30000000 to
> execute it. I also tried 0x30000060, 0x30000100, and 0x30000160 but none
> of them working.
> This is while I can execute hello.bin. (achieved by using
> arm-rtems4.10-objcopy command)
> Has any one have any experience of booting or running ELF files with
> U-Boot, specially when that ELF file is related to RTEMS?

Did you use mkimage ? You should create an image file for U-Boot.

Something like:

$ mkimage -A arm -O rtems -T kernel -C gzip -a 0x30000100 -e 0x30000100
-n "RTEMS Application" -d app.bin.gz app.img

Pierre FICHEUX -/- CTO OW/OWI, France -\- pierre.ficheux at openwide.fr
                                         http://ingenierie.openwide.fr
                                         http://www.ficheux.org
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code