Power management

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Jul 26 07:55:08 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 12:43 PM, Bart van Kuik wrote:
> It seems they have a driver model that somewhat supports this. Am I
> correct in saying that RTEMS is missing this part? Or is there a
> philosophical difference between the two OSes that I'm not aware of?

There are no philosophical differences as far as I know.  The standard RTEMS
driver model is very primitive and doesn't support automatic configuration
(probe, attach, detach) and power management (suspend, resume).  This is not a
big problem since you can use the FreeBSD driver model also on RTEMS which
supports all this (this is a spin off from the USB and network stack work).  It
is also possible to enhance the RTEMS standard driver model.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9